Friday, March 14, 2008

Portable Development

Got Laptop?

sometimes I do sometimes I don't, kind of like that old commercial "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't" comparing Almond Joy and that same candy bar that dosn't have the almonds (but the name escapes me at this time).

So, with that in mind what is one to do when you don't have control over your environment but want to be creative?

Obtain a USB flash drive (cheap and easy solution).

On my wiki from pbwiki I shall chronicle my process of installing and running things from my USB flash device.

1 comment:

Josh Gauthier said...

TurboGears Development - Download tgsetup.py install it on the device (USB Stick), make sure you have python version 2.5 (I'm running portable python which is 2.5) and download pysqlite (something new for me to learn YAY!!!)